Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Movie Recommendation

I watched a movie with D. last night. I wasn't sure how it was going to be when I picked it up. If you're "overweight" or considered "fat", if you constantly hate yourself for your size, if you have been picked on for being the "fat girl" and your self esteem is a shadow, this is the movie for you. It is a journey of self discovery and self acceptance. Having been there and arrived at her end (minus the dream job goal) where she understands that to love someone else, you must first love yourself, I highly, HIGHLY recommend this movie. It's called PHAT Girlz, starring Mo'Nique. It made me laugh and it made me cry. I've been on both sides of the gate. And here's the new definition of PHAT --- Pretty, Hot, And Thick. Ah, to be loved for yourself...

From another PHAT girl to the other beautiful women of all sizes.

No comments: