Friday, August 11, 2006

ARGH!

Already the kids are driving me nuts today!!! Argh argh argh! Sheesh! We had to go shopping for groceries - always a challenge with the twins. I need two carts so I can carry babies and groceries. Usually I do it when DH is home so that I don't have to try and push/pull both through the crowded Walmart. As you know from the initial post, DH is away for a couple of weeks. So I have to take the boys to help. No problem! They're both gung-ho and ready to go. Sort of. I have to tell them to get dressed about five times already. Yah, but they've got their allowance and they wanna spend it NOW!!! So I get the babies changed, dressed, and myself ready to go. Oops, they're teething, better give them some Tylonol so they aren't howling the whole time we're out. "James, grab Leith and bring him here so I can give him some medicine," as I give Katie hers. Give him medicine and out the door we go. We get to Walmsrt and Jamie is carrying Leith into Walmart to put him in a cart. I put Katie in and hurry over since he's having trouble putting him in. PHEW! What is that SMELL?! Leith has smelly pants and no one bothered to tell me as we headed out the door. Too excited to spend their money... DHOH! I didn't bring the diaper bag cuz we're only gonna be a little while and it's a pain to carry it. "Why didn't you tell me before we left???" I ask the boys. "Uhhh... I dunno. We never thought about it." Huh???? Hmmm... isn't that, like, common sense? Siiiiiigh. Perhaps that's just the last straw in a line of talking to a couple of brick walls today (at least that's what it feels like sometimes!!). I can certainly tell that it's Friday and time to go to Dad's house!! I should get them to phone him so Jamie can get him to come over and fix his bike chain. My x-husband doesn't have a car anymore so they have to ride or walk everywhere. Apparently, even though he only has to look after himself and has a decent paying job ( a heck of a lot more than I make!!! Even when working outside of home!), he can't pay his bills or keep a car or house. That's another story. I'm sure I'll be ranting about that one soon. Same old same old. Anyhoo, the boys go to Dad's tonight when he gets off work. It actually makes me appreciate them more throughout the week cuz I get a break from them. However, Fridays are cleanup days when the boys have to do their chores so they can have their allowance. Cool, right? Sure but how come I have to say EVERYTHING 20 times before they listen enough to do them? Typical kids, I know. Selective hearing, kinda like the x. LOL I guess it's cuz they're excited to go to Dad's. They get to watch movies (ones I don't always approve of - would you let your 8 year old watch Alien VS Predator or weird, too sexual anime movies???) and play video games for hours and hours. The apartment is a disgusting, filthy sty and they don't have to do any chores. Easy living, ya know. So, it'll be me and the twins for the weekend. Mmmm... Watkins Glen on Sunday. Don't really like the road courses but oh well. What I wouldn't do to go see a live NASCAR race... O_o Rock on, Smoke!!!

No comments: