Monday, August 14, 2006

John Ringo

I just finished There Will Be Dragons by John Ringo and I must say that I really enjoyed it!! It made me laugh and not cry, but definately, I could relate to how he explained some of the after-effects of rape. The training and battle were very descriptive and, even though I haven't really any real knowledge of military tactics, seemed very realistic to me. It felt like a combination of sci-fi and fantasy and it hooked me very quickly. I can't wait to start the second book in the series!! I'd recommend this book to anyone. I have read and I own many, many books and this is one of the better ones I've read in quite a while. I'm on to the next book - I have quite a large pile of ones I've just bought that I have to read. Unfortunately, I have a library book I have to read first before I start Emerald Sea. However, the characters in this series are so memorable, I doubt I'll have any trouble falling right into the book as soon as I open it. If you want a great, action packed read, find this book from John Ringo. I look forward to finding more of his work to read eventually.

No comments: